Hello everybody! I was excited to open my WordPress page today, & as usual, I love it when I have a bunch of notifications awaiting. I go through them, slowly & carefully, tackling each & every comment & making sure to visit back & thank all those who are following & liking. But today, my enjoyment was doubled when I discovered that I was nominated to my First ever blogging award, the 7×7 Award!! Yeyy!!!
This is really a cool award, so here are the rules for receiving it:
1. Thank the person who nominated/awarded you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Share seven of your posts under the headers: Most Beautiful Piece, Most Helpful, Most Popular, Most Controversial, Most Surprisingly Successful, Most Underrated and Most Pride Worthy.
4. Nominate seven other bloggers and notify them.
So, here I am, ‘complying’ with pleasure!
1. I would like to thank the talented and super nice Steph Rice, the one behind this lovely blog: Basmati Taco. Her blog features my personal favorite indulgence, Food! & lots of it! Steph lives in Richmond, Va, & claims to be an amateur cook, but I can promise you, after trying her amazing Creamy Tomato Basil Bisque recipe (details coming up later), everybody at home is an addict!
I think there’s more than food put into her blog. The theme’s design, layout, easy recipe instructions and original amazing photos, all really show a lot about her (& Steph, correct me if I’m wrong here!): Creative, informative, adventurous, elegant, warm, pleasant & fun!
2. Here are seven random facts about me:
1. I love fine arts in general, but specifically painting. I draw & paint, usually with acrylics wand water colors, but have recently started playing around oil painting, & would love to develop this talent of mine as soon as possible in the near future.
2. I have a thing for children suffering from cancer. That’s why I chose to work as a registered nurse, at the Children’s Cancer Center of Lebanon.
3. I’m still afraid of the dark – especially when I’m alone!
4. I am challenged when it comes to directions. I can never tell the right way to go, or memorize how to get around town where I have lived mostly all of my life!
5. I have never cooked in my life, or even had an interest to develop this skill, until recently. I discovered that I love the process of making food, not just consuming it!
6. I love beautiful handcrafts, of all kinds, & have special appreciation for the ones that require expertise, skill, patience, and are no longer being widely practiced due to the evolution of machinery and computers, like lace!
7. I love Black and white, film photography.
3. My posts:
- Most Beautiful Piece: My three History of Lace articles: 1, 2, & 3.
- Most Helpful: 12 Essentials to Reinvent Your Skin
- Most Popular: Veggie Gratin
- Most Controversial: Dirty Laundry
- Most Surprisingly Successful: Pancakes for Breakfast
- Most Underrated: The Purple People
- Most Pride Worthy: O’ January
4. And the nominees are (a la Oscar’s style ):
The last part was the hardest. It took me so much time to try to choose only seven of the blogs that I constantly enjoy reading… Perhaps, next time I’m nominated
Thank you again Steph. It really was delightful