7 Underestimated Facts About Plums
We all find it hard to keep up with the oaths we took to ourselves about maintaining a healthy diet, especially when we have a sweet tooth. So how about we substitute unhealthy snacks with ones that are full of beauty and health boosters?!
Today I’d like to introduce Plums… Coming in a variety of attractive colors, from deep purple, orange, red, yellow to green, these soft and juicy fruits are so rich in nourishing, hydration and beauty essentials, like:
- Antioxidants that help maintain our cells young & fresh, and thus, delay the aging process, and
- Prevent appearance & progression of stretch-marks
- Fibers that promote digestion & help keep toxins moving out of the body
- Vitamin A, which is good to keep up vision & delay age-related short vision
- Vitamin C, which not only is important to boost immunity, but also to
- Increase Iron absorption by the body, and
- Protect cholesterol from becoming oxidized by free radicals, which otherwise may build up in arteries causing them damage
One last fact: Half a cup of plums contains around 40 Calories.
So, are you already craving them? You should! ;)