Be Your Own Fragrance Mixologist!
Being a perfume geek, and always aspiring to look, smell and be uniquely styled, I’m almost always jazzed up to whip my own scent blends! It has constantly been a hot conversation topic for me, as not all people are aware that this can actually be done, and you can get an amazingly distinguished scent that is tailored just for you -ONLY if you know how to do it right… So here’s how to be your own fragrance mixologist.
- To craft your own private fragrance blend, rule number one is to realize that not all perfumes are meant to coexist in harmony.
- Crisp citrus notes consist a perfect base for deeper, musk perfumes. Think:
- A bit of tea layered over a floral scent, gives you a soft natural smell that is subtle. Example:
- For a sexy tropical scent that is not cheesy or cheap: Vanilla + florals. Example:
- Soft florals + clean marine scents. If you like simple florals, add a distinguished edge by a fresh scent.
- Vanilla + woodsy notes = For some sweetness with an edge, combine a soft feminine scent with a dark and mysterious one. Here’s one of my favorite blends:
- Un Bois Vanille by Serge Lutens + Black Orchid by Tom Ford
- White Floral + Spicy Notes = My ultimate combination, and the ultimate aphrodisiac! This blend results in a sky-high seduction level.
- Flora by Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia Eau de Toilette + Cedre by Serge Lutens