This is the second instalment in our Lebanese salads series, which started with our very own Tabbouleh recipe.
The Lentil salad is an easy recipe, suitable for all family members, and the best part is that it’s loaded with nutrients. If you don’t know this yet, lentil is the world’s healthiest grain because it’s rich in protein and Iron, low on sodium and fat, and easy to digest.
Here’s a recipe for you to enjoy this small grain, big time:
– 2 cups cooked lentil
– 1 cup colored pepper, finely chopped
– 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
– ½ a bunch parsley, finely chopped
– 3 spring onions, finely chopped
– ¼ cup lemon juice
– ½ tsp. salt
– 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
– 1 tbsp. dried mint
1) Drain the lentils
2) Add all salad ingredients in a bowl
3) In a separate small bowl, mix dressing ingredients well
3) Add the dressing and mix the salad just before serving
The lentil salad is ideally served over breakfast, and stands as a full meal on its own. Feel free to have it for dinner as well, it’s extremely healthy!
Lentil salad is also served as part of the traditional Lebanese mezze. To add a hot twist to it, try this salad with minced jalapino.
What’s your favourite grains salad? Let us know in the comments below.