Muhallabiya Recipe: 30 Minutes To A Pure White Perfection
The Muhallabiya is a famous Mediterranean dessert. Each country has it slightly different, and each person would garnish and embellish the cup in his/her own way. Pistachios, walnuts, hazelnuts and different jams make each cup a different taste. However, the essence remains the same: condensed sweet milk with an oriental aura that leaves everyone satisfied.
This easy recipe takes around thirty minutes for a pure white perfection!
– 6 cups of milk
– 6 tablespoons of sugar
– 2 cups of fresh cream
– 7 to 8 tablespoons of corn flour
– 5 mestika pieces well crushed with ½ spoon of sugar
– A tablespoon of rose water
– A tablespoon of orange blossom water
– Crushed pistachio or hazelnut to garnish
1. Mix one cup of milk with the corn flour and leave aside.
2. Pour the rest of the milk with the fresh cream in a bowel over low heat to boil.
3. Add the previous mixture of the milk and corn flour to the boiling milk.
4. Stir well to achieve a thick creamy texture free of lumps.
5. Add the mestika powder with orange blossom and rose water over the mixture.
6. Pour in cups and leave to cool.
7. Finally, garnish it with pistachio or hazelnut and serve cold.
Try your Muhallabiya with different garnishes for new flavors that take you to different Mediterranean counties! Cinnamon for Turkey, almonds for Syria, and so much more! Enjoy!
Don’t forget to follow Manal Massoud on Instagram.