The Ultimate Detox Bath
Liv Tyler, I cannot handle how beautiful you are! So I definitely cannot but obsess over this beauty routine she simply spilled out here. After doing some research on my own, turns out that dermatologists and skin enthusiasts swear by this simple formula of an ultimate detox bath, and here it is:
– 1 cup Epsom salt
– 1 cup baking soda OR hydrogen peroxide
– A few drops of your favorite essential herb oil (lavender is great to help calm your senses)
– Clean your bath with a disinfectant! You don’t want to sit on bacteria, or worse, have it enter your body! Rinse thoroughly, as you also don’t want chemicals into your skin.
– Fill your tub with warm water.
– Add the epsom salt, the baking soda and the essential oils.
– Soak in and relax for at least 20 minutes.
– Once you’re done, stand up gradually, as you will be slightly light-headed after lying down in hot water for so long.
– Let your body air-dry slightly, and don’t rinse the detox bath water off your skin.
– Massage organic almond or Argan oil (or simply baby oil) into your slightly damp skin to lock the moisture in and keep smelling divine.
By doing the ultimate detox bath twice per month, you will visibly notice:
– A more clear skin, as Epsom salt, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda purify skin pores and flush all the toxins out, which helps your pores breath
– Your muscles and mind relax, helping you be more positive, and focus on better handling life stressors.
Let me know what you think of this detox bath recipe in the comments below, and share with me yours!